Tuesday, June 17, 2008

KABOOM!!... courtesy flush please!!


As though the outcome were in doubt, I will concede that the better team is going to win the NBA Championship and it won't be the Lakers. The Celtics are humiliating the Lakers and that is putting it nicely. I really thought the effort tonight was going to be there, Heck I would settle for a lack luster effort 'cause that would be a better showing than this, please call of the dogs!!


I know that when the series began many, including I thought that the momentum from the Western Conference series could spill over into the Finals for the Lakers, no one thought based on the Celtics previous inability to win on the road would not favor the Lakers. I guess someone woke the beast from the East. Although I would have liked a different outcome, at least these Celtics I can live with as the new Champion, there are a few of them I actually do like.

In the begining I called this the resuming of an old traditon, it just hasn't had that same flare. I didn't feel the same as before whenever these two franchises would meet in the Finals. I know its a different decade, but I sure was hoping to get some of that passion from a long time ago. Maybe all could be contibuted to the fact that neither team is playing in its respective old stadiums? Perhaps if we were in the old Forum some of the old "show time" would have shown through. And speaking of "show time", why did the league not give us some of those old greats from both sides more air time. I recall seeing a few, but why miss an opportunity to bridge yesterday with today from a fans perspective? It wouldn't have been that hard to gather them together, shoot maybe they could have played a halftime show.

I am watching the final moments and hearing the crowd chant certain things that only sting when your team is the one falling short, I nonetheless don't like it. I'm a sore loser and know that if they were the ones losing that I would feel pretty good about my crowd going nuts. Its just hard to hear them with darn near ten minutes left to play, now that is ridiculous. With about forty seconds left the Lakers are down by forty points.......WOW!!!!

Congratulations to the Boston Celtics, they deserve to win and they earned it as all Champions do.

No comments: